Summer Tasks in the Garden
Summer Tasks - Courtesy kelly-neil-unsplash_sm
We want to see everything flourish and need to be aware of potential issues as soon as they appear.
- Here is your Summer Checklist for your garden and landscape, including how to monitor pests and diseases (IPM).
- In this issue we also focused on Climate Change: Too much water, too little water, and the threat of wildfires. Lori Palmquist recently presented a wonderful webinar on this topic including a list that checks off all the boxes!
- You are probably well on your way to successfully grow all the wonderful plants you've purchased at our Grand Tomato and Plant Sale (GTPS) and are looking forward to a great harvest. Here are a few bonus articles that might be of interest to you:
- Got some time to spare? Our summer Garden Talks every Wednesday at 'Our Garden' in Walnut Creek are ongoing until November as well as our webinars (on Zoom) once a month in collaboration with the Contra Costa Library.
- Got more time to spare? Join our Growing Gardeners Course with in-depth information on how to start and maintain a vegetable garden.
- A bigger commitment - but just as exciting is 'becoming a Master Gardener' yourself! Visit our Volunteer Training web page for more information.
- You can find a lot more information by visiting our website.
Have a wonderful Summer!
"At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling"