About Our Garden
Calendar of Garden Talks
|Composting in Place||9/28/2022|
|Designing with Ornamental Grasses and Groundcovers||10/5/2022|
|Growing and Caring for Citrus||10/26/2022|
Our Garden is a public demonstration garden, built and maintained by the volunteers of the UC Master Gardener Program of Contra Costa County, featuring methods of gardening that may help you with decisions about your own home garden space.
Visiting Our Garden:
We're normally open to the public from 9:00 am to noon on Wednesdays from April through October. Come visit to wander through the garden, attend a weekly presentation, or get your questions answered.
Presentations are normally held each week, from 10:00 - 11:30 am, under the big oak tree. The Ask a Master Gardener team is available from 9 am - noon to answer gardening questions or discuss any gardening problems you may have.
2022 Garden Talks... Here They Come!
Our popular Wednesday morning talks at Our Garden start up on April 20, and continue through October. The talks run from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Come on out. We'd love to see you!
Here is the 2022 schedule:
- April 20 - Irrigation
- April 27 - Fertilizers and Amendments
- May 4 - Soil Microbes
- May 11 - Maintaining Your Vegetable Garden
- May 18 - Raised Beds and Container Gardening
- May 25 - Bountiful Berries
- June 1 - Perennial Herb Gardening in a Drought
- June 8 - Summer Pruning of Fruit Trees
- June 15 - Salvias - Selection and Care
- June 22 - Composting
- June 29 - Landscape Trees - Pests and Diseases
- July 6 - Firewise Landscaping
- July 13 - No-Till Gardening
- July 20 - Plant Pests and Diseases
- July 27 - Grapes
- August 3 - Vertebrate Pests
- August 10 - Vermicompost
- August 17 - Cool Season Veggie Gardens
- August 24 - Cover Crops
- August 31 - Succulents
- See full listing on our calendar
Our Garden is located at the southwest corner of North Wiget Lane and Shadelands Drive, just north of Ygnacio Valley Road, in Walnut Creek, California.