Advice to Grow By...Ask Us!
Got a home gardening question? Ask the UC Master Gardeners of Contra Costa! Our Help Desk is staffed 50 weeks* of the year, Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-Noon. Options:
- Visit us during Help Desk hours at 75 Santa Barbara Road, 2nd Floor, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523.
- Call us at (925) 646-6586. If you call outside Help Desk hours, please leave both your phone number and email address so that we may respond to you in a timely manner.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use email if you want to submit photos along with your question(s).
Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name, phone number and city (very important!).
- A description of the problem, including name of the plant if applicable, when the problem began, and cultural history such as watering, fertilizing, pruning, pesticides, etc.
- Photographs of the problem, if possible and appropriate.
You can also check our Top FAQs Right Now.
*Annual holiday closure: The Help Desk is closed for the holidays each year, typically starting the weekend before Christmas until January 2 of the new year. Any requests for help received during that time will receive responses after January 2. Thanks for your understanding and patience!
We regret we are unable to provide home visits or direct gardening assistance to individuals. Also, if you are not a Contra Costa County resident, please visit the statewide Master Gardener web site to locate the web site for your county's program.