In Our Own Backyard - 2014
Celebrating Fresh Sustainable Local Foods
Saturday, February 8, 2014. 9:00am - 4:00pm
The Contra Costa Master Gardeners will host their second annual educational fundraiser to celebrate our local agricultural community, co-sponsored by the City of Brentwood.
In the morning session:
- Learn about the Brentwood corn story and our emerging olive oil market
- Learn about efforts to conserve existing East County farmland
- Learn about CSAs (community-supported agriculture)
In the afternoon:
- Learn how to improve your soil from a leading soil scientist
- Learn about growing more edibles in your backyard
- Attend demonstrations by Master Gardeners
In addition, local vendors will be selling products made from the fruits of our agricultural bounty.
$35 per person, which includes a fresh local lunch
To register online, click the link below. We expect the 300 tickets to sell out quickly, so be sure to reserve your spot! Use your major credit card (preferred), or a check (checks not accepted after January 15th).
Brentwood Community Center, 35 Oak Street, Brentwood
Brentwood is located in eastern Contra Costa County. From the central and western parts of the county, take Highway 4 east. Turn left on Balfour Road, left on Walnut Blvd and then right on Oak Street.
There is a parking garage located adjacent to the Community Center on City Park Way. As you approach the Community Center on Oak Street, turn left on 2nd Street and go one block to City Park Way. The garage is located to the right.